Relaunched this weekend!
We’ve had a successful relaunch with the following changes:
– Decreased map size, shift and link all new dungeon entrances.
– Shift or remove old treasure map locations.
– Altered skill gain to be faster overall for all skills.
– Reduce oppositional factions from 5 to 2 — Arbor and Vermell will be in play.
– Shift open dungeons available at a time based on population.
– Shift all rewards, rares, etc. to exclusively platinum and silver systems. Some “special” rewards will be otherwise obtained (eg. Galven Rune).
A new dungeon has been opened!
Muskeg Chasm features a new set of custom creatures in Rel Por.
You may find its entrance to the Northeast of Galven, west of Arbor.
Changes to the dynamics of PvP:
Summary: Mana regeneration rate increase, sprint ability for all players, spell mitigation for duplicate spells, armor modifications.
– All types of armor may actively be meditated through now (as in, you can use the meditation skill for increased mana regeneration rate while wearing).
– All armor ratings listed are reflective of exceptional quality.
– Every piece has 3 factors to consider: armor, meditation penalty, dexterity penalty.
– All shields have had their dexterity penalties dropped by 1.
Passive Poison Discharging:
– Sword weapons have had their “passive” discharge of poison decreased to 10%.
– Fencing weapons have had their “passive” discharge of poison decreased to 20%.
– Mediation rate has been boosted by 15% [included with previous patch]
– Sprint has been enabled [previously only enabled during events.] – – Sprint enables any player to run at “mount” speed for 16 tiles.
– – – Effectively, while chasing or being chased by another player, this is 8 tiles of distance gained or lost.
– – Sprint may only be utilized every 30 seconds.
– – Use the command [sprint in game to activate this ability.
Players hit with duplicates of the same spell within a 3 second window will face decreased damage from the third and beyond.
– This ability only works for multiples of the same spell.
– – After the first two damaging spells, each subsequent spell within the 3 second window will deal 50% decreased damage.
– – This damage mitigating window of time only triggers with the first spell cast, it does not become extended with each additional cast. After 3 seconds, it is able to be triggered again.
– Details and Examples:
– – Two players utilizing an explosion, energy bolt combo landing in this interval would all do full damage, the damage from either spell does not trigger the damage mitigation of the other spell.
– – Three players dropping energy bolt, explosion spell combo in synchronization that would have previously done 20-25 damage per spell.
– – – – Previous damage would be (20-25 + 20-25 + 20-25) + (20-25 + 20-25 + 20-25) = 120 to 175 damage.
– – – – New damage would be (20-25 + 20-25 + 10-12) + (20-25 + 20-25 + 10-12) = 100 to 124 damage.
– Excessive running and “kiting” resulting in passive combat with fights resulting in more running than any duration of actual combat.
– Frequent “waiting”, and subsequent periods of running, during fights for players to replenish mana pools in order to reengage into combat both in duels and on the field.
– While magic damage is balanced around solo and paired dueling, it felt excessive with higher numbers of players and in group fighting situations.
– Melee players had virtually had no ability to attempt to kill a player, connection speed being equal.
– Develop a system in which the “chase” during fights feels engaging and subsequently increase skill with risk and reward factors.
– Increase ability for players to conclude fights, be it through allowing players better ability to land the fatal spell or hit or allowing a player to effectively escape; decrease the purgatory-like feeling of endless running.
– Mitigate some of the lethality of “zerging”, while maintaining potency of duos.
– Make combat feel more engaging by increasing the frequency in which “action” may occur.
– Maintain quality of balance in duels and organized fights.
– Sprint may and will be used for an array of reasons from attempting to land killing blows to escaping enemies.
– – – Players utilizing the ability offensively may find themselves unable to escape the enemy if unsuccessful.
– – – Players utilizing the ability to escape, but elect to not actually leave the battle scenario, will be at a disadvantage if they choose to reengage in the battle too soon.
– Damage mitigation is not to prevent the ability for 4 mages to kill with synchronized spells; if you are facing 8 explosion and energy bolts at once, you’re likely going to die.
– – – It does however make them less lethal, especially when not timed effectively, allowing increased chance to survive.
– Mages receive increase to mana regeneration to compensate for increased periods of combat and decreased damage output with spell mitigation as well as to improve quality of dueling.
– In order to preserve the current potency of damage from duos, the spell mitigation only triggers on the third spell rather than gradual scaling.
New Rewards via Silver:
– Militia Rune
– – Allows militia members to recall to their town if their hero is present within the city.
– Citizen Dark Cloth
– – Wearable by all players, high silver cost.
– Resources: Reagents, Arrows, Bolts, Bandages
Militia Flagging Creatures:
– A new mechanism is in place to allow us to have creatures flag as enemies only to militia members. These creatures will first appear at the Galven castle and have a chance to drop silver as well as unique, special rares.
– – Galven Recall Rune shall have a rare chance to drop on Galven’s militia/rebel hunting guards.
Weekly Event Schedule:
|3:00 PM||Team FFA||Archery Tournament||CTF||Ultimate Ultima||King of the Hill||1v1 Tournament||Ultimate Ultima|
|7:00 PM||CTF||Ultimate Ultima||King of the Hill||Team FFA||Archery Tournament||Vorshun World Wars||Vorshun World Wars|
|10:30 PM||King of the Hill||Team FFA||FFA||CTF||Ultimate Ultima||Ultimate Ultima||1v1 Tournament|
Platinum Coin Vendor:
– Pack Lamma Summoned Mount
– Black Decorative Tiles
– Wooden Counter Set
– Ungreen Cloth
– Stone Jade Cloth
– Orich Skin Cloth
– Blume Cloth
Donation Coin Vendor:
– Bar Counter Sets
– Grizzly and Pack Horse Mounts
– Special Dye Tub
Militia Reward Vendors:
– Militia Rune
– – This rune allows militia members to recall to their home city; may only be utilized when their hero is within their stronghold.
Reward Ticket Items:
– Blue and Gold carpet pieces removed from the ticket rewards.
– Yellow and Gold carpet pieces have been added to the ticket rewards.
– Trophy heads have been swapped, a new set of heads are available.
– Animated boiling cauldron has been added.
– Galven Velvet and Jadecut cloth have been removed, Forange and Cold Red cloth introduced.
– Cold Red cloak has been added.
– Wooden Counter pieces have been added.
– Rideable Grizzly Bear and Rideable Pack Horse summoned mounts have been added.
Items in current reward ticket and general odds:
Yellow and Gold Carpet Pieces (~1 in 60 for assorted carpet piece)
Trophy Heads (~1 in 40 chance for assorted trophy)
– Fish Trophy
– Orc Trophy
– Brown Dragon Trophy
– Troll Trophy
– Ogre Trophy
– Great Hart Trophy
Fountain Deed (~1 in 500 chance)
Animated Fire (~1 in 100 chance)
Boiling Cauldron Deed (~1 in 250 chance)
Wooden Counter Pieces (~1 in 20 chance)
Llama (~1 in 100 chance)
Forest Ostard (~1 in 400 chance, random hue)
Grizzly Bear (~1 in 400 chance)
Pack Horse (~1 in 200 chance)
Polar Bear (~1 in 700 chance)
Tan Horse (~1 in 50 chance)
Special Hair Dye (~1 in 25 chance)
Special Beard Dye (~1 in 25 chance)
Hair Restyling Deed (~1 in 50 chance)
Pile of Snow (~1 in 25 chance)
Clothing Bless Deed (~1 in 25 chance)
Deer Mask (~1 in 75 chance)
Bear Mask (~1 in 75 chance)
Tribal Mask (~1 in 75 chance)
Savage Mask (~1 in 75 chance)
Tan Orc Mask (~1 in 75 chance)
Orcish Face (~1 in 75 chance)
Undead Face (~1 in 75 chance)
Savage Skirt (~1 in 50 chance)
Leather Belt (~1 in 50 chance)
Horned Tribal Mask (~1 in 200 chance)
Rain Boots (~1 in 200 chance)
Stone Sandals (~1 in 50 chance)
Silver Sandals (~1 in 100 chance)
Charcoal Sandals (~1 in 200 chance)
Cold Red Cloak 2247 (~1 in 50 chance)
Cold Red Cloth 2259 – 4 Pieces (~1 in 10 chance)
Forange Cloth 2287 – 4 Pieces (~1 in 10 chance)
Map and Animation Files Update – PLEASE RUN REL POR UPDATER!
- We have added several rideable mounts including rideable pack horses and grizzly bears & new monster types into the animation files
- Added some arena space for future events and new dungeon space that will be opened in the future. (New monster types have been created for them too but you’ll have to wait until those dungeons open to see them ;). Here’s the new 1v1 tournament area:
Automated Event System Framework Complete
- The rest of this week will involve plugging each of our current events (Ultimate Ultima, Capture the Flag, Team FFA, FFA, and Vorshun FFA, 1v1) into this framework. CTF is already plugged in and has been successfully run.
- Events now have a PERMANENT record that can be accessed via the ‘Event Records Clerk’ at Galven.
- SCORE will be event specific and will be included in the event instruction. It is calculated from a combination of pertinent scores related to a given event.
- Event records will generally take on the following form:
I’ve also implemented a bracket system for the 1v1 tournaments. We’ll hold one next weekend.
- Skill gain above 95 has been made slightly easier (still VERY challenging) and the over 95 dungeon bonus has been increased from 300% to 500%
- Mana Regeneration rates have been given a 15% boost across the board.
- Poisoned weapon discharge chance altered; fencing weapons have 20% chance to discharge poison passively, swordsmanship weapons having 10% chance to discharge poison passively.
- Galven Guards NPCs now only attack criminals (i.e. they won’t attack murderers who have not committed a criminal act)