Author Topic: Reboot Date Announced: March 18th at 12PM EST  (Read 1440 times)

Admerylous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://relporuo.com/index.php/information-directory/
Reboot Date Announced: March 18th at 12PM EST
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »
Welcome back, hopefully!
We've wiped everything and shrunk the landmass down.

Citizenship and militias have been reduced to exclusively Vermell and Arbor.

Donation items are all being moved into rare drops, gold, silver and platinum systems.

Skill gain has been accelerated.

Through previous donations the server is paid for until September and we felt like it was a sad thing to leave the world stagnating. Apologies to those dozens refreshing their houses and hoarding countless goodies; this is for the fun and enjoyment of the majority!

Welcome back if you decide to waste some more of your time and scratch that UO itch once again.

- Alex and Alan

Admerylous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reboot Date Announced: March 18th at 12PM EST
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 04:00:15 PM »
Updating this with questions I receive prior to launch:

What's the "new" landmass looking like?
Calor, Lillano, Pedran, Bowan all are not accessible. Certain previous roadways are also now obstructed -- more significant bottleneck formation present east of Galven.

Why did you guys wipe?
Stagnated to a small number of people doing little other than hoarding rares and goods, refreshing their houses and collecting items from other fallen houses. Community consensus was to start anew to breathe some life back in for however long.

Will there be another planned wipe in like a year or is the server just going to run as long as people play?
It'll run so long as people are actively playing.

Boomer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
This is great, can't wait to jump into the fray.

Is the website still updated w/ the details for downloading the launcher/client? I.e. the step-by-step here: http://relporuo.com/information-directory/how-to-play/

Thanks!

Admerylous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:23 PM »
Everything is up to date and the installer will take care of getting you all of the necessary files! See you Saturday at noon.

jbbz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 04:12:25 AM »
Just felt like registering and saying something. Thank you for attempting to keep UO alive. This was one of the few servers which really tried to "refresh" UO to where it needed to be but was still limited by the clunky, aging client. These small changes, which for the better, limited the player count. People are not really playing UO anymore, most players log just to experience nostalgia. I wish there was more "hype" about this relaunch. I wish you all the best of luck.

Gurdjieff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »
Yeah, I'll second that above. UO is still the best game I've ever played (and I stopped playing 10 years ago). Kudos to you guys for trying to give it a go again, certainly inspired me to dip in once more Admittedly, near the end of my uo playing days, I only played free shards with custom maps, so I will say that I am quite stoked to explore the new map. And brilliant idea btw to make map small and more sociable and expand as needed.

P.S. the hype is real. You gotta post this all over the interwebs come Saturday. It's a radically different proposal to join a shard right when it's starting and with what seems like an already solid playerbase.

Bigoud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 09:10:41 AM »
Actually i was wondering if we should not hold on to the launch and try make a bigger announcement ?
last launch, there was TONs of people on forums before it
not this one..