- There are unique resource types for ore, wood and leather. In the cases of wood and ore they are obtained with increased resource gathering skill, for leather it is dependent upon the difficult of the creature it is skinned from. Increasing rarity of the resource type serves to increase durability of the items they are crafted from on Rel Por.
- Ore Types, obtained with Mining skill: Iron, Dull Copper, Shadow Iron, Copper, Bronze, Gold, Agapite, Verite, Valorite
- Wood Types, obtained with Lumberjacking skill: Regular, Oak, Ash, Yew, Heartwood
- Leather Types, obtained by skinning creatures: Regular, Spined, Horned, Barbed
Automated Gathering Policy:
- Unattended resource gathering is strictly forbidden. This is by any means, from the explicitly illegal EasyUO to Razor macro loops while not attended. Leaving a simple Razor macro loop running on a single resource is grounds for being jailed; repeated offenses will result in suspensions or banning.
- Always turn your resource gathering macro loops off if not attended to respond to the unattended gathering check system.
“Railing” or the use of automated scripts to gather resources have plagued Ultima Online shards for as long as we can all remember. It becomes a plague upon the economy and gives a massive upper-hand to those capable and willing over those that are not.
That will not be an issue on Rel Por. We have created quite a clever mechanism to halt railing. We will not go into all the details of the consequences and reactions our system has to various inputs but I would like to reveal the general idea.
While players are gathering resources there is a chance for our anti-railing gump to pop up. Players must answer a simple, “which of these items are not like the others” question. Just click the appropriate image, select okay and back on your way.
- Failing the ‘gump’ for active-play check, by any means accidental or not, will result in a character being jailed and resources removed. There will be no lenience on players failing the gump or trying to circumnavigate rules. Blatant cheating will result in an automatic account deletion and/or ban.
- Use of EasyUO is forbidden on Rel Por.
- In this image, the bowl of peas is very different from the three shields. Select the peas, avoid jail!
Every time you see this gump pop up realize that the fraction of a moment it took you to click a box just destroyed the ability for players to artificially pump resources into the world, resources that would decrease the value of your own goods.
Gathering Skills Information:
Please Note: Unattended resource gathering here on Rel Por is strictly forbidden. Please consult our rules page for more of our rules and our resource gathering information page on our anti-unattended system. Failure to abide by our these rules will lead to your character being jailed, your resources deleted, account suspension and/or banning.
- Seams of ore lie buried in the mines, mountains and caves of Atria. The skilled miner seeks out these veins to harvest ore, which can then be smelted to ingots for use in crafting items with the Blacksmithy or Tinkering skills.
- In order to mine you must use a Pickaxe or Shovel on a cave floor or mountainside tile. Ore may then be smelted by using it on a forge. Be warned – If you fail to smelt you will lose 50% of the contents of your ore pile!
Difficulty to Smelt Ore = (Player Skill – Ore Difficulty) * 4%
- Iron: difficulty = 35.0: 100% at 60
- Dull Copper: difficulty = 40.0: 100% at 65
- Shadow Iron: difficulty = 45.0: 100% at 70
- Copper: difficulty = 50.0; 100% at 75
- Bronze: difficulty = 55.0: 100% at 80
- Gold: difficulty = 60.0: 100% at 85
- Agapite: difficulty = 65.0: 100% at 90
- Verite: difficulty = 70.0: 100% at 95
- Valorite: difficulty = 75.0: 100% at 100
- As your skill improves, your chance of successfully harvesting wood from a given tree increases.
- The Lumberjacking skill does not give a bonus to damage with axe weapons.
- There are multiple wood resource types that can be cut and utilized by crafters. The more rare the wood, the more durability items crafted with this wood type will posses. Each requires a different skill level to harvest.
- Wood types, in increasing rarity: