Within each city resides a town hero. Each city has a militia building that leads to a teleporter which links to their town’s stronghold area. This hero may be kidnapped and captured by opposing towns if they are able to break down the doors protecting the hero. This is also the area in which their own captured heroes from other towns will be held and guarded.
In a sense it is a “Capture the Flag” game archetype — however, in order to capture the hero you must first destroy the doors to their safe room in the hero stronghold while defenders try to resist your attack.
- Once a player is in the militia they are able to enter and attack any opposing town’s militia stronghold to capture an opposing here.
- A message will go out to all citizens to defend when their hero is under siege – be prepared for a fight if you launch an attack!
- You can check the location of all town heroes in the world at any time by typing “heromap“.
- Only after destroying the doors will the hero be able to be captured.
- Players must then escort the captured hero as your town militia’s prisoner and secure them within a cell in your own hero stronghold.
- While escorted the hero will only follow the player that has captured him.
- If that player is killed or leaves any militia member may claim the hero by saying ‘capture’ to follow them.
- If no one claims the hero for a small period of time they will escape back to their own stronghold.
- If the hero is not placed into a prison cell within 30 minutes of their initial capture they will also escape back to their own stronghold..
- Heroes may be captured or rescued from opposing towns by a similar mechanic. The barred metal jail cell door in which captured heroes are held can be destroyed by players to rescue the hero and return them to their home militia stronghold.
- Militia members receive a gold bonus while killing monsters of 10% per hero captured.
- Heroes may not be recaptured for 2 hours after being locked away in a stronghold.
- Strongholds may only hold their own hero and two opposing heroes at any given time.